What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organizations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
Dedicated Services Engineer, located on-site in Lansing, Michigan
- Relocation Assistance Available for this position
Canonical is searching for a talented, highly technical Dedicated Service Engineer (DSE) who is excited about open source cloud computing and is ready to join a global team charged with delivering world class services. This candidate must be a self starter, prior cloud experience is not mandatory for candidates that can demonstrate the ability/interest to learn new cloud technologies.
Our Dedicated Service Engineers (DSE) are embedded at our customers’ site and are responsible for providing consulting services, operating OpenStack clouds, and distilling their knowledge into our open source operations toolset. DSE also act as the escalation point for the client and provide assistance in the form of operational expertise, engineering support, training, and mentoring.
As a Dedicated Service Engineer you will:
- Work on-site at the client facilities in Michigan, USA, providing consulting, support, and OpenStack operational expertise.
- Evaluate, learn, adapt tooling, train team members, and assist with the addition of emergent technologies into our managed service offering
- Participate in troubleshooting, capacity planning, and performance analysis activities.
- Proactively update documentation, troubleshooting playbooks, policies and procedures and ensure that SLA’s are met
- Provide assistance and guidance as the escalation point for the Canonical’s customers
- Work collaboratively with globally distributed peers on engineering, operations, and support tasks
- Prioritize work appropriately to consistently achieve departmental and company goals
The successful Dedicated Service Engineer candidate will have:
- Preferably have strong relationship building experience and worked in roles that are customer facing
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and desire to continually learn new technologies
- Able to take ownership of unfamiliar tasks and problems and see them through to completion
- Be a US citizen
- Familiar with Python, with ability to show regular improvement in python coding
- Must have solid critical thinking skills and communicate with team when the need arises.
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D and FSA (starts Day 1)
- 401K (starts Day 1)
- 529 Savings Plan
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer.