The ideal Engineer will provide leadership within the Technology Solutions group. This position entails acting as a client/project manager, business development leader, and knowledge leader within the group.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Establishes and communicates assignment to teams. Oversees team progress and coordinates team activities and goals.
- Works with team to integrate projects, communicate and analyze information, and oversees project implementation.
- Coordinates assigned project requirements and schedules with other disciplines. Understands what documentation is needed and manages others in preparation of contract documents.
- Design structured cabling systems, outside plant distribution, knowledge of systems hardware for specification and design.
- Manage multiple and/or large projects from concept stage through construction in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Meet with clients to learn user needs, collaborate with project team, and develop engineering concepts and recommendations.
- Successfully monitors work and identifies scope alterations
- Visits job site to assess conflicts and make recommendations for resolution.
- Oversees the identification of staff members’ developmental needs. Review departmental evaluations and selects individuals for further training and/or advancement.
- Motivates and provides ongoing mentorship and constructive feedback to project team.
- Evaluates and attracts candidates for new positions in department or the overall firm.
- Checks proposal drafts and provides guidance as needed. Establishes timelines for proposal preparation and clarifies necessary content.
- Understands clients’ developmental needs; capable of establishing and maintaining professional relationships with clients; orchestrates changes in response to changes in clients’ stated needs.
- Builds external relationship through networking, community and industry functions.
- Business collaboration with other regional leaders.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree required. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus) preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of work experience performing in the role of technology engineer working on complex healthcare, education, science & technology, or corporate/commercial projects.
- Working knowledge of additional low voltage systems such as: audio/visual systems, electronic security systems, nurse call, distributed antenna systems, Emergency Responder Radio System, etc.
- Understanding of applicable design codes including NFPA, NEC, BICSI and EIA/TIA.
- Understands IT system integration with overall building design, including space planning and technology impacts, and an ability to blend technical solutions with business practices and personnel needs.
- RCDD required.
- InfoComm CTS or CTS-D a plus.
- ASIS PSP a plus
- REVIT a plus
- Must have strong communication, teamwork and collaboration skills as well as an ability to engage effectively with clients.
- The ability to handle multiple projects is essential.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Ability to travel from coast to coast in order to meet project and client needs.
- As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.