CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Plumbing Engineer based in our Arlington, VA office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This level II position will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team. Projects include new construction and renovation in educational, healthcare, sports, corporate commercial and science and technology.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform designs of plumbing, fire protection systems for building design, independently for smaller/less technical projects; supervision of senior engineer for complex projects.
- Calculate plumbing systems loads, layout and design piping using computer software.
- Prepare Revit production drawings of plumbing systems from schematic to construction document phases with the support of dedicated technical staff as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and editing of specifications relating to existing or new projects.
- Specify plumbing equipment such as pumps, domestic water heaters, and various plumbing fixtures
- Review submittals and shop drawings for compliance of specifications and contract documents. Participate or lead value engineering sessions with Architectural/Engineering team.
- May visit job site to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress. Site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Plumbing Systems focus). Coursework in building systems engineering is desirable. Related student internship work experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience required.
- Experience in computer applications for engineering design programs (i.e. Revit MEP)
- Ability to obtain E.I.T. within two years of hire date.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively handle multiple projects.
As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.