CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Specifications Coordinator based in our Chicago office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal candidate will provide support to the national specifications team as well as project teams in other offices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Editing specifications and department technical documents.
- Formatting and organization of documents and files.
- Assisting in coordination of project procedures and standards.
- Participating with the firm's architectural specifications department and engineers to coordinate the submission efforts of many participants across several offices and projects.
- Assisting in coordination of procedures and processes with new staff and outside consultants unfamiliar with our document standards.
- Receive and track project information from consultants and internal team members across multiple offices.
- Assemble and organize multiple documents and project manuals.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma. Associate degree in business or administrative office professional studies preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working as an administrative support professional required; prior work experience in the A/E/C industry is a plus.
- Must be able to work in a deadline driven environment and handle large volume of documents.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail is a must, as well as strong verbal and written communication, teamwork, time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Master Spec, Bluebeam and Adobe Reader preferred.
- As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.