Facility Optimization Solutions LLC. (FOS of CannonDesign) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Assessor to join our growing practice in our Houston office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Facility Optimization Solutions LLC., a wholly owned subsidiary of CannonDesign (a.k.a. FOS of CannonDesign) is ranked the number one provider for Facility Management Services by an A/E firm. They serve ongoing client needs of capital planning, strategic planning and infrastructure investment solutions, providing the primary services of facility condition assessments, ADA compliance, risk assessments, preventative maintenance planning, asset tagging, and job order contracting (JOC) software and program management. Project scopes range from providing solutions for a single existing facility to hundreds of existing facilities across the country.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal candidate will conduct mechanical/plumbing system facility condition assessments on various building types including healthcare, education, sports, public and commercial. Our projects are typically short in duration and range from one to six months. Acting as an Assessor on projects, this person will be responsible for observing and documenting deficiencies in mechanical and plumbing systems, and ensuring work quality, interfacing with clients and their facility staff teams and support the FOS Project Manager in various tasks as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Conduct on-site facility condition assessments as part of a multidisciplinary team on existing buildings, evaluating mechanical and plumbing building systems. This includes identifying deficiencies of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, and building automation systems, etc. and providing written narratives of the description, critical issues, and recommendations to mediate.
- Work with client and other on-site personnel to assess client assets by maintaining a typical daily walk rate from 100,000 to 175,000 square feet per day.
- Determine condition, remaining useful life, required costs, and remedial measures.
- Provide technical identification and description of deficiencies ranging from concerns to critical issues.
- Identify recommendations for correction and describe in technical detail for future project planning and cost estimating.
- Interview building operations and maintenance staff to determine building history, previous workorders, and operations information.
- Prepare project progress documentation for project manager review.
- Review work of peers and actively participate in post-project reviews.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 4 years of related work experience in facility assessment, construction, facility operations, or a combination of equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the operations/maintenance of equipment as well as installation/replacement of equipment is a plus.
- Experience assessing healthcare and educational institutions is a plus.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent education/experience preferred.
- Technical certification in a related field is a plus. Possible certifications could include but are not limited to FMP, Building Engineer (Stationary Engineer or Boiler Operator), Commissioning certifications (such as EBCP, CBCP, BCxP, CxA), CEM, CEA, and others.
- Prior cost estimating experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Must have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Suite, Bluebeam, Tablets and Mobile device tools preferred.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% for out-of-town assignments.
- Must be physically able to walk the stated areas each day, climb fixed and sometimes extension ladders, walk on roof surfaces up to a 3/12 slope.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
Facility Optimization Solutions LLC. and CannonDesign recognize the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at FOS of CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.