FOS of CannonDesign is a multidisciplinary professional services and software consultancy founded on the core value that clients are our most important partners.
FOS began with a good idea – seeing the need to help facility managers identify what they own, the condition of their facility, and how best to use this data for future capital planning. FOS started as a small operation in 2009 and has grown into a major, multi-office practice that is ranked #1 world-wide for facility-related services by World Architecture 100.
At FOS, it’s all about the people. With exceedingly low turnover rates, we’re constantly growing, and that’s where this new opportunity comes in – for an Architectural Systems Assessor (Existing Facilities) out of our Denver, CO office. In this position, the ideal candidate will conduct interior and exterior architectural facility condition assessments on various building types including healthcare, education, sports, public and commercial.
Acting as an Assessor on projects, this person will be responsible for observing and documenting deficiencies in architectural exterior and interior systems, ensuring work quality, interfacing with clients and their facility staff teams, and supporting the Project Manager in various tasks as assigned.
- Conduct on-site facility condition assessments as part of a multidisciplinary team on existing buildings, evaluating architectural/general trades building systems. This includes identifying deficiencies of interior finishes and systems, exterior envelopes, site conditions, structural systems etc. and providing written narratives of the description, critical issue, and recommendations to remediate
- Work with client and other on-site personnel to assess client assets by maintaining a typical daily walk rate from 100,000 to 175,000 square feet per day
- Determine condition, remaining useful life, required costs, and remedial measures
- Provide technical identification and description of deficiencies ranging from concerns to critical issues
- Identify recommendations for correction and describe in technical detail for future project planning and cost estimating
- Identify civil-type systems such as pavements, landscaping, fencing, site elements, visible utility structures, etc
- Interview building operations and maintenance staff to determine building history, previous workorders, and operations information
- Prepare project progress documentation for project manager review
- Review work of peers and actively participate in post-project reviews
What we’ll love about you:
- You are easily able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You are self-motivated and able to work well independently in a fast-paced environment
- You are a team player and believe that teamwork makes the dream work
- You have excellent communication skills and can confidently and efficiently communicate with all levels of staff
- You are talented, yet humble, and appreciate constructive feedback as a means of growth
What you’ll love about us:
- Competitive benefits package
- Generous paid time off policy
- Flexible work schedules! We offer a hybrid model, so you can work from home and/or work from the office
- An inclusive work environment that encourages employees to demonstrate their strengths and passions in achieving personal and organizational goals
- Coaching with leadership that enables professional growth for future career pathing
- The opportunity to work for a growing team with proven success
Required skills and experience:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience conducting architectural facility condition assessments required; experience assessing healthcare and educational institutions strongly preferred
- Experience working on construction sites as a Construction Administrator or Field Architect is a plus
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree or certification in Construction Management is a plus, but not required
- Prior cost estimating experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Suite, Bluebeam, Tablets and Mobile device tools preferred
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% for out-of-town assignments; on average, projects include one week in the field, followed by two weeks in office
- Must be physically able to walk the stated areas each day, climb fixed and sometimes extension ladders, walk on roof surfaces up to a 3/12 slope
The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $75,000 annually. This salary range is the range we believe is the anticipated range of possible base compensation at the timing of the posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the anticipated salary range for the position. Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses. We offer a full benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage and flexible spending account options and voluntary insurances. We have paid time off, flex-time summer hours, remote work options and a 401k plan and employee perk programs. For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It is not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required time frames and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
Facility Optimization Solutions LLC. and CannonDesign recognize the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at FOS of CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.