CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist based in our New York City office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will be responsible to work in the office on a full-time basis to cover front desk reception while providing administrative support to the office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Greet visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Screen incoming calls and route them to appropriate team member.
- Compose documents and spreadsheets, route contracts and other documents for internal review.
- Coordinate in-house or off-site meetings and events, including meeting materials, equipment set-up, and ordering and set-up of food and beverages.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing orders and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensure front desk, lobby, common areas and conference rooms are neat and maintained before and after meetings.
- Prepare, receive, sort and distribute mail and packages for office.
- Routine setup of conference room technology.
- Contact for building security and building landlord on designated matters.
- Assist with reviewing expense reports/reimbursement requests.
- Maintain office PTO calendar.
- May handle other responsibilities as needed.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in Business Administration or related field required. Bachelor degree in related field preferred.
- 10 years of experience performing in an office administrative role.
- Experience working in a professional services firm preferred
- Exceptional time management, problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to multitask, maintain and prioritize deadlines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels, internally and externally, is essential
- Comfortable with fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.