CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Architect based in our downtown Pittsburgh, PA office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we would love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing architectural support in the planning, design, coordination, and detailing of architectural projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Actively collaborate in the technical development of projects with design sensitivity, including selection of materials and products and the development of architectural details.
- Maintain communications with the client and consultants on project status, design intent, user group concerns and questions.
- Prepare design sketches of moderate to complex conditions.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- Evaluate design for code compliance and assist in plan check review and approvals.
- Coordinate with all other team members on project assignments.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, mitigates and resolves project-related issues.
- Comprehension of and compliance with QA/QC standards.
- Coordinate, lead, and attend project meetings as required.
- Assist in coordination of engineering systems with engineers and consultants.
- Independently process “Requests for Information”.
- Perform field site inspections.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelor/Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- Architectural Registration and LEED Accreditation preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of related work experience on mid to large scale projects required. Previous experience on healthcare, education or commercial projects preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to detail exterior wall systems required.
- Strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required.
- Proficiency with Revit is required.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Bluebeam and other graphics/design applications a plus.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.