CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect to perform in the role of Project Manager that will be based in Texas . If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
This position will be part of the leadership for the S&T/ Higher Education working in collaboration with others to ensure growth and continued success. The specific role will be that of a Project Manager with the expectation to be hands-on in support of our clients and in the development of the work, including participation from the initial visioning meetings with clients through project completion. The role will require leading a team(s) capable of executing transformational solutions that differentiate the firm and add value for our clients. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring success both from a client and a CannonDesign perspective. In this role the primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate the development, evolution and management of the work plan, budget, and schedule. Preferred tools include MS Project and Deltek Project Planning.
- Manage design and documentation process and implementation of the design during the construction process.
- Accountable to maintain the project record, includes but not limited to capture and documenting key decisions and records within the CannonDesign standard file structure.
- Accountable for the QA/QC process.
- Accountable for Risk mitigation and Compliance.
- Knowledgeable in Local AHJ codes and requirements.
- Participate in negotiating the project scope, schedule, deliverables, fee and contract with the Client Leader and the Business Practice Leader.
- Coordinate with the Project Architect and the Texas Quality leader in planning the work.
- Accountable for internal and external team kick off meeting including design planning and project visioning to include, but not limited to client/ project goals, vision and drivers, project contract, project schedule, project deliverables.
- Accountable to ensure design consultants adhere to contract deliverables and schedule.
- Align work effort and resources with contracted scope and compensation and proactively address out of scope changes and prepare and negotiate additional service proposals in a timely manner.
- Monitor, report, and manage project financial performance, projections, and keep current Account Receivables.
- Attend scheduled meetings and provide feedback to the team and help synthesize actionable items.
- Generate and support a positive team environment: participation, empowerment, and accomplishment. Lead the Team.
- Provide strong collaborative client and team leadership that advances the success of the client relationship and the internal team.
- Partner with client to establish shared expectations and provide clarity on how we will work together, the involvement of key stakeholders, and the timing of key decisions.
- Accountable for clear and timely communication with the client.
- Implement CannonDesign best practices, reference standards, tools, templates, and technology to achieve competitive advantage, superior service delivery and quality, and enhanced team productivity and profitability.
- Align team process and deliverables with the delivery method.
- Ensure frequent, regular team communication to share information, optimize results, and build positive team dynamics.
- Capture information regarding the user metrics (design intention versus client outcome comparison).
- Train and mentor staff under your supervision.
- Be available to travel on a per project basis up to 50% of the work week if required.
- Assist the market leader in marketing pursuits including proposals, interviews and relationship building meetings with current and targeted clients.
- May perform other duties as required
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a bachelor’s in architecture. Master’s in Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience performing in a project management role on mid to large scale projects required.
- Experience working in the Texas Education and S&T market is required. Successful and current client relationships are preferred.
- Architectural Registration required and LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Must have the ability to be client facing with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen, technical knowledge, coordination skills and the ability to build a rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Familiarity with Revit, and be proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project, Deltek Vision as well as other data management software.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client relationships and being a trusted advisor (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Employee Resource Groups, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We are about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we are ready for you.
- We believe our work and workplace should be both fun and rewarding. We are looking for teammates that will contribute to a positive, supportive, and team-first work environment.
- CannonDesign office culture supports work life balance and is open to discussing a flexible work environment.