CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an entry-level Electrical Engineer based in our downtown Chicago office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This entry-level position will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team and will work under the direction of a project leader. Projects include new construction and renovation in educational, healthcare, sports, corporate commercial and science and technology.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Electrical design of lighting, power distribution and communication systems including fire alarm systems.
- Preparation of documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation.
- Assist in the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.
- Recommend ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.
- May visit job site to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress. Site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus) by hire date. Coursework in building systems engineering strongly preferred.
- Related student internship work experience preferred.
- Experience in computer applications for engineering design programs (i.e. Revit MEP, SKM Power Tools) preferred.
- E.I.T., LEED accreditation preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively handle multiple projects.
- Must have eligibility to work permanently in the United States.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.