Are you a go-getter? Do you enjoy solving complex problems? Do you want to make an impact?
Blue Cottage of CannonDesign is conducting a search for Transition and Move Activation rock stars who can drive and lead these services, building on transition and move activation expertise within the firm. We are looking for stellar performers who want to be champions, partners and leaders within Blue Cottage of CannonDesign’s Transition and Activation team.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Blue Cottage of CannonDesign is an industry-leading consulting firm. Our team works with organizational leaders to define their ideal future and plan processes, organizational strategies, equipment and facilities to create an ideal future, and our projects are anchored by any of the following services: strategic transformation, design thinking, space and functional programming, operational planning, change management, and transition and activation planning.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Activation Planning Lead, your mission is twofold – to wow our clients through fantastic work and continue to differentiate our service offering in the marketplace. Currently, all our transition and activation projects are in the healthcare sector, but we are looking to grow our services to other sectors serviced by CannonDesign. You will be involved in all aspects of activation and move planning, preparation, coordination, and execution of a project that delivers measurable value to the client and results in client satisfaction with the work product and adoration of the firm overall.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build a service line specializing in building activation and move management. Provide leadership, strategy, and accountability that addresses the how, what, when, who, and why of how this service line will grow in the short and long term. Service line will support project types across various healthcare facilities and potentially other markets including commercial, science and technology, education, and others.
- Grow, guide, and motivate a high performing team with in-depth skills and knowledge relevant and specific to building activation and move management. Individual will be significantly involved in recruiting, onboarding, and mentoring the team.
- Engage in business development by identifying and targeting potential markets and clients that align with the firm’s strategic framework and goals.
- Demonstrate abilities to be a self-starter and high achieving performer.
- Create, drive, and implement big picture strategy with thoughtful attention to detail.
- Lead and support projects and teams in all aspects of building activation and move management.
- Proficiently and independently manage and facilitate meetings and other planning activities related to building activation and move management including, but not limited to, pull planning, scheduling, progress updates, mock moves, tabletop testing/ simulation, site visits and walk throughs, risk assessments, and third party vendor/ consultant coordination. Move management may encompass staff, contents, equipment, furniture, other physical assets, and/or patients.
- Create meaningful, long-term relationships with client counterparts and internal partners through our Living Centered design pillars and maxims. Ensure client expectations are exceeded throughout the entire project duration.
- Produce high caliber project documentation, meeting materials, analysis, graphics, visually engaging presentations, benchmark information, and interim and final deliverables.
- Exhibit strong project management skills including creating and managing work plans, project staffing, project approach, fee optimization, and resource requests. Must demonstrate ability to balance resource, budget, and timeline parameters to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Participate in proposal response, pursuit presentation development, and prospective client interviews.
- Extensive client is required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 15+ years of proven experience in building activation and move management across projects of various sizes, locations, and types.
- Leverage software/application knowledge to help improve and evolve move planning and tracking activities as able.
- Must be proficient in a variety of applications including Office 365, SmartSheet, and MS Project.
- Must demonstrate creativity in approach, think critically about our approach and our work and demonstrate effective results.
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment.
ABOUT WORKING WITH BLUE COTTAGE OF CANNONDESIGN
- We are a start-up culture in an established firm: nimble, energetic, innovative and fun.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
The salary range for this position is $120,000 to $150,000 annually. Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses. We offer a full benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage and flexible spending account options and voluntary insurances. We have paid time off, flex-time summer hours, remote work options and a 401k plan and employee perk programs.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.