ModularDesign+, a modular design and fabrication company, has an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager based in our Euless, TX plant.
ModularDesign+ is a national provider of small to medium format modular structures primarily working with clients in the Healthcare, Education and Hospitality market segments. The firm has a strong brand and market share in these markets having been named to the Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Firms two (2) out of the last three (3) years. The company was formed as part of a strategic alliance with a 1,000+ person integrated global design firm, called CannonDesign (and you may see reference to this ally in the online posting).
For so long, modular design meant inferior design, but we founded ModularDesign+ with the belief that great design and standardization should not be mutually exclusive. ModularDesign+ enables organizations to reap the benefits of modular building while completely customizing the design of the modules to meet their needs – allowing companies to achieve great design and speed-to-market advantages concurrently.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Operations, the Senior Project Manager (“SPM”) will be responsible for delegating daily production work to team members in a fast-paced production environment and will be directly accountable for their safety, quality of work, and productivity.
The SPM will facilitate the development, evolution and management of the work plan, budget, and schedule. This role will manage design, construction, and fabrication processes as customer point with knowledge and resource during the design process and full project management accountability during fabrication process. Ensures integrity of the Design – Build process. Ensures the process is being followed and oversees the achievement of projected milestones, adherence of project budget and communication throughout the entire project life.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Owns the customer relationship through the entire project life and future project opportunities.
- Manage QA oversight.
- Participate in negotiating the project scope, design assist process, deliverable fee and contract with the Client, Estimating Team and the Business Development Leader.
- Review and understand the project’s contract documents inclusive of the drawings and written specifications. Align work effort and resources with contracted scope and compensation and proactively address out of scope changes and prepare change orders in a timely manner.
- Apply technical expertise in interpretation of drawings and specifications and other contract documents for constructability, recommending fabrication methods and changes to maximize the ultimate success of the project.
- Monitor project budgets, update SOV and manage so that Account Receivables are current; take corrective action as required to mitigate impacts to the schedule and budget.
- Attend scheduled meetings, document decisions, and provide feedback to the team and help synthesize actionable items.
- Generate and support a positive team environment: participation, empowerment, and accomplishment. Lead the Team.
- Provide strong collaborative client and team leadership that advances the success of the client relationship and the internal team.
- Partner with client early in an engagement to establish shared expectations and provide clarity on how we will work together, the involvement of key stakeholders, and the timing of key decisions.
- Implement ModularDesign+ programming using process expectations, best practices, reference standards, tools, templates, and technology to achieve competitive advantage, superior service delivery and quality, and enhanced team productivity and profitability.
- Align team process and deliverables with the delivery method.
- Ensure frequent, regular team communication to share information, optimize results, and build positive team dynamics.
- Train and mentor staff under your supervision.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or equal experience in Construction Management. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of related experience of which 5 years has been performing in a senior project management role or greater.
- Must have the ability to be client facing with strong verbal and written communication skills; the ability to build a rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Possess strong business acumen, technical knowledge, and coordination skills
- Strong supervision, communication, and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project, Deltek Vision, Procore as well as other data management software.
- Able to complete a background check with satisfactory results.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work in both an office setting and a manufacturing setting at times performing work related to construction projects and may be exposed to mechanical parts, industrial equipment, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. Appropriate PPE is required. Time spent in office and / or manufacturing settings will vary.
Please note that candidates can only apply to Modular Design+ positions on the CannonDesign company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for Modular Design+ OR CannonDesign positions on any platform; a true posting will take you to the main CannonDesign Careers page. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
ModularDesign+ recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at ModularDesign+ in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.