FOS of CannonDesign is a multidisciplinary professional services and software consultancy founded on the core value that clients are our most important partners.
FOS began with a good idea – seeing the need to help facility managers identify what they own, the condition of their facility, and how best to use this data for future capital planning. FOS started as a small operation in 2009 and has grown into a major, multi-office practice that is ranked #1 world-wide for facility-related services by World Architecture 100.
At FOS, it’s all about the people. With exceedingly low turnover rates, we’re constantly growing, and that’s where this new opportunity comes in – for an Electrical Systems Assessor out of our Chicago, IL office. In this position, the ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting facility condition assessments of the electrical systems for a variety of building types including healthcare, education, sports, municipal and commercial across the US.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who gets restless sitting behind a desk or likes to travel! Candidates who do well in this role often have backgrounds as Journeymen or Master Electrician, Building or Plant Operator, and/or Electrical technician for an institutional employer. Projects are typically short in duration and range from one to six months. Field deployments are typically one week in length and not more than two per month.
- Conduct on-site facility assessments as part of a multidisciplinary team on existing buildings, evaluating building electrical systems
- Work effectively and efficiently with client and other on-site personnel to assess client assets; maintain average daily walk rate of 100-175k square feet
- Determine condition, remaining useful life, required costs, and remedial measures for electrical systems
- Provide technical identification and description of deficiencies ranging from concerns to critical issues
- Identify recommendations for correction and describe, in sufficient technical detail, for future project planning and cost estimating
- Interview building operations and maintenance staff to determine building history, previous work orders, and operations information; prepare project progress documentation for project manager review
- Review work of peers; actively participate in post-project reviews
What we’ll love about you:
- You are easily able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You are self-motivated and able to work well independently in a fast-paced environment
- You are a team player and believe that teamwork makes the dream work
- You have excellent communication skills and can confidently and efficiently communicate with all levels of staff
- You are talented, yet humble, and appreciate constructive feedback as a means of growth
What you’ll love about us:
- Competitive benefits package
- Generous paid time off policy
- Flexible work schedules! We offer a hybrid model, so you can work from home and/or work from the office
- An inclusive work environment that encourages employees to demonstrate their strengths and passions in achieving personal and organizational goals
- Coaching with leadership that enables professional growth for future career pathing
- The opportunity to work for a growing team with proven success
Required skills and experience:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in facility assessment, construction, facility operations, or a combination of equivalent experience required
- Registration or licensure in related field preferred
- Technical certifications in a related field preferred
- Must have strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office required, as well as clear aptitude for tablet and mobile device usage
- Experience with Deltek Vision, Adobe Suite and Bluebeam valued but not required
- Prior cost estimating experience is valued but not required
- Ability to travel up to 50% for out-of-town assignments required
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It is not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required time frames and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
Facility Optimization Solutions LLC. and CannonDesign recognize the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at FOS of CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.