CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer based in our Boston, MA office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for plumbing & fire protection design projects and an integral part of design teams within CannonDesign.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Preparing documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation and construction documents, as well as specifications, for plumbing/fire protection systems and equipment.
- Designing plumbing and fire protection systems using Revit.
- Assisting in the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.
- Responsibility for field observations of projects under construction.
- Recommending ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor in Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems Focus).
- Minimum 7 years of experience with the design of plumbing, laboratory/medical gas, kitchens, fire protection, and other specialty systems required. PE and LEED preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to effectively handle multiple projects.
- The successful candidate must have experience presenting solutions to project teams and clients.
- Proficiency with BIM applications and REVIT experience desired.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.