CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer in our Boston, MA office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated Living-Centered Design firm. We leverage the heart, passion and diversity of our more than 1,000 creative thinkers to develop design solutions that solve challenges and seize opportunities. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education, inclusive communities or the “next big idea” in business, we partner with organizations to help them improve human life. In 2019, Fast Company named us as a world changing company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team and responsible for interfacing with project teams, equipment suppliers, consultants and clients.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform designs of ductwork, piping, equipment selection for HVAC systems for building design, independently for smaller/less technical projects; supervision by senior engineer for complex projects.
- Calculate heating and cooling loads, layout and design ductwork and piping using computer software.
- Prepare production drawings of HVAC systems from schematic to construction design phases with the support of dedicated technical staff as needed.
- Prepare and edit specifications relating to existing or new projects.
- Specify mechanical, equipment such as boilers, chillers, and air handling units.
- Review submittals and shop drawings for compliance of specifications and contract documents.
- Participate or lead value engineering sessions with Architectural/Engineering team.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems focus).
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience required.
- PE is preferred.
- Proven ability to lead HVAC projects. Prior Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with Revit, Trane Trace, or similar platforms preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are essential.
- Site visits frequently require a physical walk through of site and may be done independently.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.