ModularDesign+, a modular design and fabrication company, has an opportunity for an Area Superintendent – Structural, based in our manufacturing facility in Euless, Texas.
ModularDesign+ is a national provider of small to medium format modular structures primarily working with clients in the Healthcare, Education and Hospitality market segments. The firm has a strong brand and market share in these markets having been named to the Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Firms two (2) out of the last three (3) years. The company was formed as part of a strategic alliance with a 1,000+ person integrated global design firm, called CannonDesign (and you may see reference to this ally in the online posting).
For so long, modular design meant inferior design, but we founded ModularDesign+ with the belief that great design and standardization should not be mutually exclusive. ModularDesign+ enables organizations to reap the benefits of modular building while completely customizing the design of the modules to meet their needs – allowing companies to achieve great design and speed-to-market advantages concurrently.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Operations, the Area Superintendent will be responsible for delegating daily production work to team members in a fast-paced production environment and will be directly accountable for their safety, quality of work, and productivity.
The Structural Superintendent will ensure proper installation of wall and door frames, drywall, and other structural components as well as commissioning systems in new, modular constructed commercial grade volumetric construction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Oversee the installation and quality of all framing and structural components of our modular construction projects
- Communicate effectively to team members, upper management, and other stakeholders to provide clear directions and frequent project updates
- Act as a hands-on supervisor working closely with your team to monitor and execute various tasks related to building structures and preparing wall frames
- Maximize efficiency of processes and promote continuous improvement
- Provide expert knowledge surrounding various types of interior finishes and demonstrate competency regarding code and quality compliance; collaborate with QA/QC to meet standards
- Train new and existing team members and implement best practices where appropriate to streamline workflow, reduce production costs, and enhance customer satisfaction
- Forecast labor needs, create team schedules, monitor their time entries, and track labor costs
- Administer annual performance reviews, as well as provide periodic coaching and feedback to further employee development and foster a positive work environment
- Monitor employees for safe operation of tools and machinery and ensure Production Teams conduct necessary inspections and related safety activities while performing work
- Protect the Company’s investment in tools and equipment; maintain a clean and safe facility
- Coordinate with receiving and purchasing to ensure materials are correct and available
- Develop and maintain relationships with other managers and departments to support a cohesive team environment and produce deliverables within stated deadlines
- Promote a healthy, harassment-free work environment focused on humility, empathy, innovation, integrity, sustainability, and accountability
- Other duties as assigned
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates will have a combination of education and/or vocational training and experience in installing, assembling, and / or manufacturing door frames, wall frames, interior walls, and other structures needed to support commercial construction projects.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience supervising, mentoring, and motivating team members is required. Experience within a modular manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable building codes and modular construction methods required.
- Experience reading blueprints required.
- Proven track record of improving safety and implementing safety procedures.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and adjust schedules and instill a sense of urgency in team members while managing multiple projects.
- Proficiency using computers and related technological tools as well as Microsoft Office programs required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work in both an office setting and a manufacturing setting at times performing work related to construction projects and may be exposed to mechanical parts, industrial equipment, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. Appropriate PPE is required. Time spent in office and / or manufacturing settings will vary.
Please note that candidates can only apply to Modular Design+ positions on the CannonDesign company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for Modular Design+ OR CannonDesign positions on any platform; a true posting will take you to the main CannonDesign Careers page. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
ModularDesign+ recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at ModularDesign+ in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.