ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of all technical aspects on major projects, coordinating work with all disciplines to ensure an integrated set of deliverables, and verifying compliance through team collaboration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Manages critical path process and leads project team through all technical and production aspects from initial stages of pre-design through to project completion.
· Monitor the technical quality of projects. Enforce the application of BIM, energy and QA/QC process standards and requirements.
· Contribute innovative ideas in streamlined workflows to minimize waste and improve quality.
· Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities. Communicate client objectives to team members in a clear and compelling way. Provide constructive feedback and mentoring to team members. Identify and share lessons learned with teams.
· Responsible for ensuring that all statutory requirements and project design concepts are achieved.
· Contributes to bottom line responsibility for financial and technical success of projects.
· Responsible for the quality of the contract documentation including drawings and specifications.
· Mentor and grow staff.
· Serve as prime point of contact between client and the firm.
· May consult with clients on all aspects of the design contract.
· Coordinate with consultants and consult with local authorities and consultants regarding project design.
· Continuously monitors project documentation and compliance with client requirements as outlined in contract.
· Proactively identifies, communicates, mitigates, and resolves project-related issues.
· Assumes lead responsibility for contract deliverables, meeting project requirements, including time, budget, and scope.
· Responsible for ensuring all members of the project team follow project work plans and deadlines.
· Responsible for following the requirements of the Quality Process.
· Engage in the CA process.
· Coordinate, lead, and attend project meetings as required.
· Contribute to interview teams.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
· Qualified candidates must have a bachelor’s in architecture. Master’s in Architecture from accredited program preferred.
· Minimum 10 years of experience working on healthcare core and shell architectural projects. NYC project experience is a strong plus.
· Architecture Registration preferred
· LEED accreditation preferred.
· Technical leadership experience on projects valued over $75 M, overseeing teams over ten people preferred.
· Strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required.
· Strong business acumen, technical knowledge, coordination skills and ability to build a rapport with the project team and client is essential.
· Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and MS Project is required.
· Familiarity with Bluebeam Studio and Adobe Suite.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.