CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect/Healthcare Planner based in our New York City office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Demonstrate proficiency in clinical processes across healthcare facilities.
· Work with end users to outline process flows and critical adjacencies of clinical rooms.
· Understand and guide discussions on medical equipment needs.
· Lead or participate in the healthcare programming and planning process within the design team to create department floor plan concepts reflective of operations.
· Participate in the healthcare planning and space programming processes with clients and the planning team to create strategic campus master plans and departmental level master plans.
· May manage the deliverables for the healthcare planning team within the greater project deliverable schedule.
· Actively seeks new knowledge in the design and planning of medical and healthcare facilities.
· May serve as a point of contact for the client on planning issues.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor of Architecture required. Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
· Minimum of 4 years of healthcare planning experience required with proven experience in clinical planning and knowledge of architectural design and code requirements.
· Architectural Registration, LEED AP and EDAC certification preferred.
· Aspiration of ACHA credentials and enrollment of ACHA candidate a plus.
· Understanding of relevant healthcare codes and standards (FGI, NFPA) required.
· Demonstrates creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of healthcare facilities.
· Strong presentation, organizational, team building, collaboration, client engagement and communication skills are a must.
· Proficiency with Revit and Bluebeam is required.
· Knowledge of full Microsoft Office suite is preferred.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.