ModularDesign+, a modular design and fabrication company, has an opportunity for a Project Manager – Design / Build based in our Euless, TX plant.
ModularDesign+ is a national provider of small to medium format modular structures primarily working with clients in the Healthcare, Education and Hospitality market segments. The firm has a strong brand and market share in these markets having been named to the Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Firms two (2) out of the last three (3) years. The company was formed as part of a strategic alliance with a 1,000+ person integrated global design firm, called CannonDesign (and you may see reference to this ally in the online posting).
For so long, modular design meant inferior design, but we founded ModularDesign+ with the belief that great design and standardization should not be mutually exclusive. ModularDesign+ enables organizations to reap the benefits of modular building while completely customizing the design of the modules to meet their needs – allowing companies to achieve great design and speed-to-market advantages concurrently.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Manager will report to the Vice President of Operations and will be responsible for both the design and fabrication processes. In this role, you will act as customer point of contact providing subject matter expertise and be a resource throughout the project life cycle. The Project Manager is accountable for end-to-end project management, including developing and overseeing the work plan, tracking the budget, ensuring the project stays on schedule, and monitoring for overall success.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage design and fabrication process; be accountable for project management; lead the team.
- Participate in negotiating the project scope, design assist process, deliverable fee and contract with the Client, Estimating Team and the Business Development Leader.
- Partner with client early on to establish shared expectations and provide clarity on how we will work together, the involvement of key stakeholders, and the timing of critical decisions.
- Oversee the achievement of projected milestones and adherence to project budget; proactively address out of scope changes and prepare change orders in a timely manner.
- Review and understand the project’s contract documents inclusive of the drawings and written specifications; apply technical expertise in interpretation of drawings and specifications
- Generate and support a positive team environment; promote participation, empowerment, and accomplishment; also, train and mentor staff, as needed.
- Foster effective communication among stakeholders throughout all phases of the project
- Attend scheduled meetings, document decisions, provide feedback, and help synthesize actionable items.
- Take corrective action as required to mitigate impacts to the schedule and budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or a related field. Master’s degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience, of which 2 years has been performing in a project management role.
- Must have the ability to be client facing with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate solid business acumen, technical knowledge, and organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to build a rapport with the project team and client.
- Prior supervisory experience and ability to handle multiple projects required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project, Deltek Vision, Procore as well as other data management software.
- Able to complete a background check with satisfactory results.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work in both an office setting and a manufacturing setting at times performing work related to construction projects and may be exposed to mechanical parts, industrial equipment, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. Appropriate PPE is required. Time spent in office and / or manufacturing settings will vary.
Please note that candidates can only apply to Modular Design+ positions on the CannonDesign company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for Modular Design+ OR CannonDesign positions on any platform; a true posting will take you to the main CannonDesign Careers page. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
ModularDesign+ recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at ModularDesign+ in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.