CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for experienced Healthcare Architect based in our Mumbai office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will participate in delivering services to creatively solve problems, bringing state of the art healthcare design and planning expertise to the client and project team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Independently contribute to design, production, coordination and architectural detailing as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate proficiency in clinical processes across major inpatient and outpatient departments.
- Communicate healthcare expertise and planning concepts to clients and project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports.
- Work with end users to outline process flows and critical adjacencies of clinical rooms.
- Understand and guide discussions on medical equipment needs.
- Resolves architectural programming/planning problems.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- May take a leadership role within the project team.
- Participate in the healthcare planning process with clients and the planning team to create strategic campus master plans and departmental level master plans.
- Manage the deliverables for the healthcare planning team within the greater project deliverable schedule.
- Actively seeks new knowledge in the design and planning of healthcare facilities and mentors younger staff.
- Evaluate design for code compliance and assist in plan check review and approvals.
- Perform Construction Administrative functions as directed by the Project Manager.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor or Master of Architecture.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working on mid to large scale projects required. Previous experience with Healthcare planning and design is required.
- Architectural Registration and LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Strong creative design portfolio required.
- Strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required.
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.