Expectations of success include:
- Financial Management: Providing leadership, guidance and support to Office, Market and Client Leaders in the development and implementation of best business practices to achieve the firm-wide profitability targets annually for your office(s).
- Process Leadership: Championing the implementation of the CannonDesign Method within the office using process expectations, best practices, reference standards, tools, templates and technology to achieve competitive advantage, superior service delivery and quality, and enhanced team productivity and profitability.
- Resource Management: Leading, engaging and partnering with staff at all levels in your office(s) to align work effort and resources with contract and compensation commitments for our client opportunities. Proactively embracing our SFMO (Single-Firm, Multi-Office) culture to advance and support high-performing teams focused on delivering high-quality service and innovative design solutions to our clients.
Areas of Focus
Financial Performance: Own and be accountable for the financial performance of the office. In partnership with the Office Practice Leader, define and champion initiatives and appropriate actions to achieve high-quality service and performance, together with solid financial results and targeted profitability.
Work with Office Practice Leader, and Market, Service and Client Leaders to develop fee and staffing strategies, including process approach, to achieve successful project and financial outcomes.
Business Practices: Responsible for ensuring the best practices of project management and process leadership, including work planning, contracting and risk management, fee development and resource management, are understood and implemented consistently in the office.
Work collaboratively with firm-wide Business Office and Legal Team to ensure commercial and risk issues are properly addressed. Provide assessment, evaluation, mentorship and other appropriate actions to staff to achieve success and improve outcomes in these areas.
Process Leadership: Own and be accountable for the successful implementation of our process methods, including Client Team Construct, Design Planning, and Framework Development and Implementation, as well as Digital, Quality and Sustainability practice integration. Responsible for achieving productivity improvements established by the Practice Strategies Team.
Resource Allocation / Integration: Accountable for championing and enhancing our firm’s SFMO (Single-Firm, Multi-Office) operating model in support of our clients’ needs. Support planning of the resources of CannonDesign as a single team of resources to align with profitability, staff development, quality goals, client expectations and strategic office growth. Work with the Executive Director of Business Strategies, the Office Practice Leader, other Business Practice Leaders, and Market, Client and Service Leaders to champion high-performing, client-focused teams in the firm to capture and execute client opportunities.
Staff Development: Collaborate with the Office Practice Leader, Market Leaders and Design Leaders to assess, align, recruit and develop the resources of the office. Assist in the development and growth of a diverse and inclusive team of professionals that support the strategic goals of the office, as outlined in the business plan. Work with other senior leaders to develop and implement a focused mentoring program for the future leaders of the firm. Build enthusiasm for Living-Centered Design among teammates and demonstrate how it applies to their work and our business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field.
- 15 years minimum experience with a proven track record of financial management success in the design industry.
- Additional licensure, certifications and/or training relevant to this role is preferred.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Business acumen and proven ability to execute strategy.
- Professional acumen and maturity demonstrated by the ability to communicate authentically and respectfully.
- Some travel required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.