Blue Cottage of CannonDesign is an industry-leading consulting firm. Our team works with organizational leaders to define their ideal future and plan processes, organizational strategies, equipment and facilities to create an ideal future, and our projects are anchored by any of the following services: strategic transformation, design thinking, space and functional programming, operational planning, change management, and transition and activation planning.
Our Healthcare Programmers play an integral role in the design process, partnering alongside architects, clinicians, strategists, and designers to transform client visions to reality through a design-centric approach. The ideal Healthcare Programmer will possess the ability to solve critical problems by utilizing their unique skillsets in strategic facilities master planning, functional/space programming, as well as knowledge of Lean/operations improvement.
- Demonstrate proficiency in clinical processes across medical campuses, including major inpatient and outpatient departments.
- Work with clients and end users to outline optimized process flows and critical adjacencies of clinical spaces.
- Understand and guide discussions on medical equipment and technology needs.
- Lead the healthcare planning process with clients and the design team to create strategic campus master plans and departmental level master plans.
- Lead the healthcare planning and programming process within the design team to create functional and space programs, along with department floor plan concepts reflective of operations.
- Manage the deliverables for the healthcare planning team within the greater project deliverable schedule.
- Communicates healthcare expertise and planning concepts to clients and project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the client on planning issues.
- Actively seeks new knowledge in the design and planning of medical and healthcare facilities.
- Actively participates in industry associations to ensure visibility.
- Mentor staff for depth and support of the specialized knowledge execution process.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service including business development and sourcing new work.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Architecture or other applicable field required. Master’s degree in Business Administration and/or Hospital Administration preferred.
- Experience working within the healthcare-built environment for at 3 years required.
- In-depth knowledge of clinical workflows, healthcare delivery systems, current trends, and national and regional benchmarks required.
- Lean certificate, training, or other relatable certifications preferred.
- Good knowledge of healthcare trends / best practices and Evidence-Based Design.
- Experience with organizing and conducting clinical end-user meetings.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Tableau is a plus.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Significant travel required.
- We are a start-up culture in an established firm: nimble, energetic, innovative and fun.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
If the job is to be performed in Colorado, the salary range for this position is $65,000 to $90,000 annually. This salary range is the range we believe is the anticipated range of possible base compensation at the timing of the posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the anticipated salary range for the position. Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses. We offer a full benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage and flexible spending account options and voluntary insurances. We have paid time off, flex-time summer hours, remote work options and a 401k plan and employee perk programs. For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/. Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.