ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated Living-Centered Design firm. We leverage the heart, passion, and diversity of our more than 1,000 creative thinkers to develop design solutions that solve challenges and seize opportunities. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education, inclusive communities or the “next big idea” in business, we partner with organizations to help them improve human life. In 2019, Fast Company named us as a world changing company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Pediatric Client Director will be a part of our national Pediatric Practice and will provide client leadership, as well as project, and team leadership. You will champion the firm's client driven strategy and purpose statement, owning and maintaining strategic long-term relationships with our targeted pediatric clients.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead, engage, and partner with our pediatric clients on specific project opportunities fostering strong client relationships and driving successful outcomes, while creating opportunities for future engagements.
- Orchestrate and ensure the development of client relationships at multiple levels between our team and key people within their organization, including client’s executive team, trustees, and/or board members.
- Proactively seek out and develop new pediatric business opportunities through the engagement of both new and existing client partners. Identify ways to expand the firm’s involvement and help create new opportunities for the client and CannonDesign..
- Be accountable, as part of the national pediatrics team, to grow the top line of the practice and the firm.
- Proactively develop and lead collaborative project teams. Assist in building and leading a diverse and inclusive team capable of both winning and executing transformational solutions that differentiate the firm and add value to our clients.
- Develop an understanding of the business, operations and process needs of the client as well as the resulting market solutions. Possess the ability to bring together and lead a comprehensive team of experts and thought leaders within CannonDesign focused on executing creative state-of-the-art solutions.
- Empower staff and delegate effectively, building high-performing teams, by encouraging innovation and continuous improvement.
- Mentor and grow emerging professionals. Assist in establishing an environment that encourages leadership, integrity, humility, respect, and responsibility.
- Exercise decision-making authority related to potential client issues including team performance, solutions, and conflict resolution. Escalate unresolved issues as needed.
- Provide leadership of Client Partnership Program to ensure we are obtaining objective feedback early and often. Act on feedback promptly and appropriately.
- Maintain regular, proactive communication with client regardless of status of current work.
- Implement commercial and risk management strategies and practices consistent with firm policies, in collaboration with the Legal Department, the appropriate Executive Director(s), the Business Leaders and the Business Office.
- Capture information regarding the strategic performance of our work, and key outcomes.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, or related field required.
- 15+ years of design or consulting experience working on health projects of which 10 years of experience focused on Pediatrics.
- Identified, led, and developed client relationships and ensured delivery of well-structured projects that exceeded client expectations.
- Worked collaboratively with other executives, teammates, and lines of business to design and deliver customized and innovative solutions for clients.
- A strong history of successful top line growth and ability to develop and execute strategy.
- Recent experience working with pediatric healthcare clients and a strong and demonstrable track record of delivering successful solutions.
- Licensed Professional preferred.
- Professional acumen and maturity demonstrated by the ability to communicate authentically and respectfully.
- Well networked with Health and Pediatric Clients.
- 50% travel required.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.