CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect/Senior Project Manager in our Toronto, ON office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated Living-Centered Design firm. We leverage the heart, passion and diversity of our more than 1,000 creative thinkers to develop design solutions that solve challenges and seize opportunities. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education, inclusive communities or the “next big idea” in business, we partner with organizations to help them improve human life. In 2019, Fast Company named us as a world changing company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems. This position will also provide business leadership focused on financial success, management of resources, and related staff growth and development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Attend scheduled meetings and provide feedback to the team, help synthesize actionable items.
- Generate and support a positive team environment: participation, empowerment, and accomplishment. Lead the Team.
- Provide strong collaborative client and team leadership that advances the success of the client relationship and the internal team.
- Participate in negotiating the contract with the Client Leader and the Business Practice Leader.
- Facilitate the development and evolution of the work plan, budget, and schedule.
- Partner with client early in an engagement to establish shared expectations and provide clarity on how we will work together, the involvement of key stakeholders, and the timing of key decisions.
- Implement CannonDesign Method using process expectations, best practices, reference standards, tools, templates, and technology to achieve competitive advantage, superior service delivery and quality, and enhanced team productivity and profitability.
- Align work effort and resources with contract and compensation commitments and proactively address changes, including additional services as required.
- Align team process and deliverables with the delivery method.
- Ensure frequent, regular team communication to share information, optimize results, and build positive team dynamics.
- Monitor, report, and manage team business performance, projections, and ensure we are paid on time.
- Capture and document key decisions and records.
- Capture information regarding the user metrics (design intention versus client outcome comparison).
- Train and mentor staff under your supervision.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelors/Masters from an accredited program preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of related experience with medium to large-scale healthcare projects of varied complexity is required. Must have experience on large-scale P3 Healthcare projects.
- Architectural Registration required. LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Strong communication skills, technical knowledge, coordination skills and the ability to build rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Must have experience leading BIM project production teams, familiarity with Revit, and be proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project, Deltek Vision as well as other data management software.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce and is committed to Employment Equity and the Federal Contractors Program. We encourage applications from qualified aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women. CannonDesign is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If contacted, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.