CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Project Architect based in our Buffalo, NY or Pittsburgh, PA office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Project Architect you will be involved with the development of all technical aspects and content of projects, coordinating work with all disciplines to ensure an integrated set of deliverables, and verifying compliance through team collaboration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead project teams through all technical and production aspects from initial stages of pre-design through to project completion.
- Contribute innovative ideas in streamlined workflows to minimize waste and improve quality.
- Responsible for ensuring that all statutory requirements and project design concepts are achieved.
- Contributes to bottom line responsibility for financial and technical success of projects.
- Responsible for the quality of the contract documentation including drawings and specifications.
- May serve as prime point of contact between client and the firm.
- May consult with clients on all aspects of the design contract.
- Consult with local authorities and consultants regarding project design.
- Continuously monitors project documentation and compliance with client requirements as outlined in contract.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, mitigates, and resolves project-related issues.
- Assumes responsibility for contract deliverables, meeting project requirements, including time, budget, and scope.
- Responsible for ensuring all members of the project team follow project work plans and deadlines.
- Responsible for following the requirements of the Quality Process.
- Process “Requests for Information.”
- Attend project meetings as required.
- May contribute to interview teams.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in architecture. Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- Architectural Registration required. LEED accreditation preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of related architectural experience working on mid to large-scale projects required. Experience working on Healthcare, Education or Commercial projects required.
- Sound knowledge of envelope design and detailing is desired.
- Strong attention to detail, presentation, client engagement, team building, mentoring, organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Must be highly proficient in Revit.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Employee Resource Groups, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We are about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we are ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.