CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for Client Leader / Subject Matter Expert to join our Pittsburgh, PA office Health practice. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems, bringing state of the art healthcare market intelligence to the client and project team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Lead, develop and nurture a successful partnering relationship with our clients which will lead to future opportunities for CannonDesign across multiple project types, markets and service lines.
- Generate and support a positive team environment: participation, empowerment, and accomplishment.
- Provide client and project leadership in the area of health planning and subject matter expertise. Lead and own the client relationship in these areas. Work in partnership with our designers and other team members to advance a holistic approach to design.
- Lead the team for your own engagements and provide leadership to other Client Leaders on other engagements in the firm.
- Bring state of the art client and industry intelligence to the client. Ensure that the team, including the client, is fully aware of the current and projected trends impacting the client, and that decisions are made with the awareness of that knowledge
- Provoke critical thinking and encourage innovation and continuous improvement.
- Lead planning activities that increase the team’s specialized knowledge about the client, and develop solutions based on client needs.
- Capture and communicate key client goals and metrics to ensure specialty requirements positively impact client business performance.
- Develop a partnership with the client early in an engagement to establish shared expectations and provide clarity on how we will work together, the involvement of key stakeholders, and the timing of key decisions.
- Implement CannonDesign Method using process expectations, best practices, reference standards, tools, templates, and technology to achieve competitive advantage, superior service delivery and quality, and enhanced team productivity and profitability.
- Align work effort and resources with contract and compensation commitments and proactively address changes, including additional services as required.
- Ensure frequent, regular team communication to share information, optimize results, and build positive team dynamics.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 15 years of healthcare planning and design experience required with experience in clinical planning leadership and knowledge of architectural design and code requirements.
- Bachelor degree in a related field required. Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture preferred.
- Professional Licensure, ACHA, EDAC and LEED accreditation is preferred.
- Demonstrates creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of healthcare facilities.
- Proven track record of developing client relationships with the ability to build rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Strong presentation, communication, organizational, team building, collaboration and communication skills are a must.
- Proficiency with Revit, Bluebeam and Microsoft Office is preferred.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.