CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Health Client Leader based in our San Diego office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Client Leadership: Responsible for the leadership and growth of client relationships within an Office or Market. Must be a self-starter, an entrepreneurial person with the ability to lead clients and client teams and collaborate effectively with others across the full range of services provided by the Firm. You will be expected to be hands-on in support of our clients and in the development of the work from the initial client visioning meetings through completion of the work.
- Top Line Development: Collaborates with Office Market Leaders, the Office Practice Leader, Business Development Leaders, and the BMBD Team to focus on growing the top line of the Office and the Firm, by securing new client relationships and expanding existing ones. Champions strategic client development and seeks to differentiate CannonDesign in the marketplace. Promotes the full range of our integrated design services, supporting the advancement of our Vision and Purpose in all phases of client engagement.
- Team Leadership Skills: Proactive development and collaborative leadership of project teams. Expected to build and lead teams capable of both winning and executing transformational solutions that differentiate the firm and add value for our clients. You will be responsible for ensuring success both from a client and a CannonDesign perspective.
- Strategy and Planning: Develops an understanding of the business, operations and process needs of the Client as well as the resulting market solutions. Possesses the ability to bring together a comprehensive team of experts and thought leaders within CannonDesign focused on executing creative, state of the art solutions.
- Bottom Line Growth: Works with the Business Practice Leader and Office Market Leader to ensure the Firm’s business practices goals and bottom-line initiatives are successfully implemented.
- Staff Development: Mentoring and growing emerging professionals is an important responsibility for all leaders at CannonDesign. You will assist in establishing an environment that encourages leadership, integrity, humility, respect, and responsibility, along with collaboration, experimentation, innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required. Master’s degree in architecture preferred.
- Licensure preferred.
- 10 years minimum experience with a proven track record of pursuit success in the Health Market.
- Additional certifications and/or training relevant to this role is preferred.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Business acumen and proven ability to execute strategy.
- Professional acumen and maturity demonstrated by the ability to communicate authentically and respectfully.
- Some travel required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We are about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we are ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.