CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a P3 Market Leader / Project Director. This position can be done remotely from any city throughout Canada. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will work in collaboration with Firm and Canadian Market Leadership, develop a strategic business plan, identify clients, industry partners and market opportunities, and develop / execute strategies to grow the P3 market in Canada.
- Development of professional relationships with target clients, industry and equity partners to provide strategic leadership for major pursuits.
- Identification of targeted pursuit opportunities throughout Canada within our core markets, including client development, project process delivery, and fee and contract development, to secure wins.
- Partnership with Market and other leadership within the firm to define and implement strategies to win and execute P3 projects.
- You will build and lead teams capable of both winning and executing transformational solutions that differentiate the firm and add value for our clients. You will be responsible for ensuring success both from a client and a CannonDesign perspective.
- Grow a P3 team. In partnership with office and firm leadership identify key needs for the P3 Market, participate in recruiting activities and grow / mentor staff to become future leaders.
- Work closely with project leaders and develop project work plans to ensure they are properly led, staffed and managed effectively.
- Ownership and maintenance of client relationships for strategic pursuits.
- Knowledge of competitor and partner strengths / weaknesses to inform strategies that increase our success rate.
- Delivery, management, and oversight of P3 proposals including implementation of best practices for business and risk management.
- Management and monitoring of pursuit costs, based upon return on investment, to ensure profitability.
- Facilitation of design/construction team coordination meetings to develop strategies for P3 pursuits.
- Work with our business and legal team in the contract negotiations and the execution of P3 contracts with targeted industry partners. Assist in the management and monitoring of project risks from pre-submission through pursuit delivery.
- In the role of Project Director provide hands-on leadership of both the client and the project teams for P3 opportunities from the pursuit phase throughout the full implementation of the Project.
- Capitalize upon your existing network, CannonDesign’s client base and experience, and expand the business potential and profile (brand) of the firm by pre-positioning CannonDesign for opportunities in our Core Markets.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture, Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 15+ years of related experience with medium to large-scale healthcare projects of varied complexity is required. Must have experience on large-scale P3 Healthcare projects.
- Professional Licensure in Canada is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, technical knowledge, coordination skills and the ability to build rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Must have experience leading BIM project production teams, familiarity with Revit, and be proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project, Deltek Vision as well as other data management software.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce and is committed to Employment Equity and the Federal Contractors Program. We encourage applications from qualified aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women. CannonDesign is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If contacted, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.