CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer based in our St. Louis office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for electrical design projects and be an integral part of design teams within CannonDesign.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design low voltage power distribution, lighting, and life-safety systems for healthcare, education/higher education and commercial clients, including fire alarm systems and circuiting.
- Ability to work independently in all aspects of Electrical project development with minimal oversight or guidance.
- Ability to delegate tasks and provide technical guidance to designers or more junior staff.
- Analyze engineering documents, layout systems to components and parts.
- Read, interpret and prepare construction drawings and specifications for Electrical systems from schematic through the construction document phases.
- Select and right-size electrical equipment for building distribution systems. Design rooms to house these systems and coordinate with other disciplines.
- Apply electrical code knowledge, application for building power distribution design, circuiting.
- Conduct site investigations of existing installations for renovation and document existing systems.
- Interface effectively with clients and members of the design team.
- Participate or conduct value engineering with Architectural/Engineering team.
- Process and review shop drawings and RFI’s.
- Conduct site visits during construction phase and attend OAC meetings.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus).
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience and EIT required. PE strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as well as the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Experience with Revit required.
- Experience with preparing power systems studies and photometric analysis preferred.
- Travel may be required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.