CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer based in our downtown Buffalo, NY office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading plumbing & fire protection design projects and will be an integral part of design teams within CannonDesign.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform and direct complex design of piping and equipment selection for plumbing and fire protection systems for large scale buildings.
- Oversee, guide, mentor and provide technical leadership to designers and engineering team.
- May serve in the QAQC process as an independent reviewer
- Interface effectively with clients and members of the design team.
- Prepare construction drawings of plumbing and fire protection systems from schematic through the construction document phases.
- Manage less experienced engineers and provide direction to them for preparation of construction documents.
- Specify plumbing and fire protection equipment.
- Review and accept selective shop drawings for compliance of specifications and contract documents.
- Interface effectively with clients and members of the project team and attend Owner, Architect, Construction Administration (OAC) meetings with a understanding and focus on the project budget.
- Conduct staff development activities including work planning, budget development, scheduling in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Perform independent site inspections.
- Represents company in project activities; directs activities of project team members; represents company in business development and marketing activities. May serve on internal and/or profession committees.
- May perform other duties as required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor in Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems Focus).
- Minimum 10 years of related experience. Experience on Healthcare, Education and Commercial projects is preferred.
- PE and LEED preferred.
- Strong technical skills, knowledge of building and life safety codes is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to effectively handle multiple projects.
- Experience presenting solutions to project teams and clients.
- Proficiency with BIM applications and REVIT experience desired.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.