CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Interior Designer based in our Chicago office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will participate in the development of interior design solutions in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team through all project phases; programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Evaluate client needs, analyze and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements including programming, space planning and facilities planning.
- Conceptual development of interior spaces addressing planning, three dimensional conceptual development, interior elevations, details, ceilings/lighting and finishes.
- Develop all aspects of furniture packages and specifications.
- Evaluate and select materials, develop finish palettes, consult with vendors, and inform project specifications.
- Conduct research as directed for product and finish selections; assist in the development of finish plans and specifications.
- Provide assistance to the team in the selection or consideration and choice of building materials such as flooring, wall finish, ceilings, furnishings and other interior materials.
- Produce high quality drawings in conformance with project time, budget and quality parameters.
- Familiarity with building and life safety codes and their correct application to Interior Design work.
- Prepare renderings and other presentation materials.
- Attend client meetings with Senior Interior Designer(s) to gain client interaction experience and experience in client presentation skills.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture. Masters degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience working on mid to large scale projects required. Experience with healthcare, education, and/or commercial projects preferred.
- NCIDQ certification preferred.
- Strong design and technical skills as well as the knowledge of building and life safety codes required.
- Exceptional communication skills and interest to build and maintain client relationships are essential.
- Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.