CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Architect based in our Toronto, ON office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of all technical aspects and content of projects, coordinating work with all disciplines to ensure an integrated set of deliverables, and verifying compliance through team collaboration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage critical path process and lead project team through all technical and production aspects from initial stages of pre-design through to project completion including Construction Administration.
- Monitor the technical quality of projects. Enforce the application of QA/QC/CA process standards and requirements. Work with and contribute to the Office Quality Leaders group.
- Provide overview and be a resource for technical issues to teams and colleagues.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and project consultants. Provide leadership of team activities. Communicate client objectives to team members.
- Ensures all members of the project team are in compliance with project work plans and deadlines. Contributes to bottom line responsibility for financial and technical success of projects.
- Develop and lead strong working relationships with project contractors during construction administration to deliver a successful project for the client.
- Assumes lead responsibility for contract deliverables, meeting project requirements, including time, budget, and scope.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, mitigates and resolves project-related issues.
- May serve as prime point of contact between client and the firm. Coordinate, lead, and attend project meetings as required.
- Actively partner with design leadership throughout the life of the project to carry through design intent.
- Consult with local authorities and consultants regarding project design. Responsible for ensuring that all statutory requirements are met.
- Contribute to interview teams and marketing proposals where required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor degree in Architecture. Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of related experience working on mid to large-scale projects required.
- Experience on P3 Healthcare projects strongly preferred.
- Architectural Registration and LEED accreditation preferred.
- Extensive experience with exterior envelope construction and/or interior construction strongly desired.
- Strong attention to detail, presentation, client engagement, team building, organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Must be highly proficient in Revit and BIM workflows, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce and is committed to Employment Equity and the Federal Contractors Program. We encourage applications from qualified aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women. CannonDesign is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If contacted, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.