CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Leader based in our Houston office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Business Development Leader will focus on identifying new client leads and develop client engagement strategies in collaboration with Office and Market Leadership. This position will be part of the Brand, Marketing and Business Development Team and work closely with other Business Development Leaders throughout the firm and the Marketing, Knowledge Management, Client Feedback and Communications teams.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Your primary focus will be our core markets. You will be expected to capitalize upon your existing network, and CannonDesign’s client base and relationships with key clients and individuals. You will have a responsibility to provide consistently high-quality service to our clients.
- You will work closely with the Office Leadership and Firm-wide Market Leaders in the development of an annual business plan, supporting Top Line goals. You will assist in the identification of target clients based upon value propositions and strategic initiatives. And you will assist in both the development and implementation of capture plans to pre-position CannonDesign with the identified target clients.
- At CannonDesign business development is a team sport, you will be expected to partner and collaborate with other leaders in the office and the firm in the advancement of new client opportunities, as well as be responsible to personally identify a specific amount of unique new net fee client opportunities. In partnership with the Office, Market and Client Leaders you will be responsible to ensure that our opportunity pipeline meets the expected targets.
- You will champion and participate in the Client Engagement Initiative through all phases of our client’s relationships: Engage, Create, Implement and Sustain, building and maintaining our client relationships through the demonstrated value that CannonDesign brings to them. As part of this process, you will support our client feedback program to ascertain the performance of our client teams and their ability to meet the needs of our clients.
- You will be expected to develop a network within our core market segments and core business areas. These networking opportunities and events will require you to spend time both during regular business hours as well as after hours to develop these relationships. You will be expected to represent the firm at designated professional conferences; therefore, you will need to be knowledgeable about all the services that differentiate the firm for our clients.
- You will be expected to assist in research and intelligence gathering for potential client opportunities in the effort to better position CannonDesign to secure the commissions.
- You will be expected to participate in the development and coaching of interview presentations, providing the client’s perspective from intelligence gathered during your research, and at times participate in the interview itself.
- You will be expected to mentor emerging client leaders, championing the best practices of business development and client engagement strategies and processes.
- You will be expected to join and participate in appropriate professional and marketing organizations, as well as make recommendations to leadership for organizations for which they should participate. You will be expected to work collaboratively with other business development professionals throughout the firm regarding marketing and business development activities.
- You will meet with Client Leaders on a regular basis to ensure that the marketing plan is being implemented. You will work closely with others as you generate qualified client leads and strategize next steps accordingly. You will participate in and lead the Client Engagement meetings in the office and assist leadership in the execution of strategic client pursuits, intelligence sharing and assessment of pursuit opportunities.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- 10+ years of work experience in a related position. Related industry experience and a network with health and education clients is preferred.
- Proven track record in developing significant relationships that increased the opportunity pipeline.
- Additional certifications and/or training relevant to this role is preferred.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Business acumen and proven ability to execute strategy.
- Professional acumen and maturity demonstrated by the ability to communicate authentically and respectfully.
- Some travel may be required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We are about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.