CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Interior Designer based in our St. Louis office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This successful candidate will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead the development of space planning, interior architectural design, presentation and graphic development, detailing and documentation.
- Lead and mentor team members throughout the project process to ensure design intent is realized.
- Ensure that design quality is consistently being delivered.
- Translate client and team goals into the development of creative design solutions and guide its execution throughout all phases.
- Evaluate client needs, analyze and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements, programming, space planning, facilities planning, material specifications and producing high quality design.
- Participate in the development of client relationships and in marketing campaigns.
- Produce drawings in conformance with project time, budget and quality constraints.
- Assist in project planning through development and follow through of work plans/budgeting.
- Assist and lead client meetings.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelors degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture. Masters degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience working on mid to large-scale projects required.
- NCIDQ certification and/or architectural registration strongly preferred.
- Experience with healthcare and/or commercial projects preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.