Candy’s mission is to deepen our interaction to experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We know that relationship because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and momentous collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets, but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
- Michael Rubin- Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk- CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
As an Engineering Manager here on the Candy team, you will have the opportunity to have a significant impact on Candy’s growth by reaching new users, markets, and audiences. We achieve this by truly comprehending the needs of our users, and by innovating to decode real problems for them, building solutions across the entire Candy infrastructure to aid our goal.
As a technical head of the team, you will be tasked with establishing healthy team practices, translating product strategy to iterative technical delivery, and strategically growing the team over time. You will partner closely with your product and design counterparts to manage key stakeholders, develop roadmaps on defined architecture, and work alongside the team with development.
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on difficulties in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box but collaborate within.
AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL...
- Build, guide and serve an effective team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development.
- Work closely with your product lead, design lead, engineering team, and stakeholders to enable sustainable and timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Facilitate cross-functional partnership between engineers, product managers, and designers to set the right goals and address problems across our platform.
- Advocate for and implement engineering best-practices and lead engineers to develop technical strategy to guide short and long-term plans.
- Partner with other heads as we craft and evolve an agile learning organization.
- Advance a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in-line with our values.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You love developing and growing engineers across different disciplines; you thrive when developing great people, not just great products.
- You are passionate about teamwork and collaboration while coaching and mentoring software developers to deliver timely, high-quality software.
- You aim to cultivate a strong engineering culture in an iterative, agile environment.
- You have led complex engineering efforts, and know what it takes to deliver while still having a healthy team.
- You have deep expertise around modern web technologies (React/Next.js/GO), but also aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty writing code
- You ease at presenting your work and explaining design outcomes.
- You love sports, blockchain & crypto, and/or collectibles!
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most enterprising, fun, encouraging, and innovative heads and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the finest things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our relationship through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their greatest work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values.
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will aim to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We drive past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.
Total Compensation Range (Base + Equity): 175k-300k per year
Our compensation package currently breaks down into a base salary and an equity component for all employees. The candidate’s seniority and the evaluations made of that candidate during the interview process determine compensation.