Candy’s mission is to deepen our interaction with experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We know that relationship because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and momentous collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets, but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
- Michael Rubin- Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk- CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We are looking for a qualified Principal User Experience Researcher to join our Experience team. In this role, you will help drive the user research to bring insightful recommendations to our business. You will play a major role in owning high impact research areas, driving transparency through reporting, identifying the value of data, and comprehend our customers’ needs through a partnership in our design team.
This role entails partnership with all parts of our organization. If you are detail and process oriented, excited to gain broad exposure to all parts of a business, interested in building a startup, and love user research, then this role is for you!
We are creating a unique NFT ecosystem that will shift the way fans interact with their favorite cultural icon, music, art and sports. At Candy, we are in search of creative minds that are excited to take on difficulties in the immediate while providing vision to the future.
As our Most Valued Player, You Will…
- Partner with product, design and engineering to develop and deliver impactful research that informs verdicts for key areas of a product.
- Identify the finest research approaches to get the right answers based on research questions, timing and resources.
- Synthesize research findings into actionable insights and recommendations that your stakeholders and peers can act upon.
- Work cross-functionally with researchers from different disciplines to tell a holistic story of customers’ needs, values, and experiences.
- Translating business goals into research questions and developing research plans.
- Identifying the type of study most appropriate to gain the necessary insights.
- Help create and oversee the research roadmap and calendar.
- Identifying user pain points and suggesting measurable actions to address them while also helping us achieve business objectives.
- Planning, preparing and carrying out usability and concept testing.
- Excellent behavioral data-collection and assessment skills.
You have experience with…
- 7+ years conducting user research for software/web based products with demonstrated business impact on the products you worked on.
- Demonstrating discernment and aptitude to do the right research for the task at hand.
- Proactively and closely collaborating with stakeholders to shape and scope research plans that will meet the needs of the team.
- Strong diagnostic skills with a proven aptitude to turn research results into product insights.
- Research methods; including when and how to apply them.
- Testing on a variety of devices, including mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- Using your written and verbal communication skills.
- Influencing a range of audiences.
- Project Management, including the ability to perform several small projects concurrently.
- Approaching research with flexibility. Our goal is to provide product teams value. If an existing research method doesn’t do that, we invent our own research methods.
- Experience with remote testing tools.
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most enterprising, fun, encouraging, and innovative heads and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the finest things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our relationship through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their greatest work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will aim to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We drive past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.
Total Compensation Range (Base + Equity): 150k-200k per year
Our compensation package currently breaks down into a base salary and an equity component for all employees. The candidate’s seniority and the evaluations made of that candidate during the interview process determine compensation.