Candy’s mission is to deepen our interaction with experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We know that relationship because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and momentous collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets, but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
- Michael Rubin- Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk- CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Paralegal to join our growing Legal department. This role involves providing paralegal aid to our internal commercial lawyers in connection with work across different businesses, including in connection with domestic media, partnerships, intellectual property, and direct-to-consumer distribution. In this role, you will be accountable for drafting, research, contract examination, and other projects, as needed, at the direction of our internal legal team. The ideal candidate is a professional with keen attention to detail, a service-oriented attitude, and a strong work ethic.
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on difficulties in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box, but collaborate outside the box.
AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL...
- Draft agreements, including marketing agreements; vendor agreements; theatre rentals; and amendments to numerous agreements, such as rights, writers and directors, etc.
- Research and advise, under guidance of Manager, regarding vendor/production/venue insurance compliance and product licensing.
- Review reports for ongoing productions.
- Assist in preparing summaries, presentations and other work product for Candy’s clients regarding legal and strategic advice.
- Provide research, analysis and other general support to attorneys across a variety of commercial matters.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Bachelor’s or Associate's degree in relevant field.
- 6+ years of relevant trademark experience.
- Knowledge with trademark search tools, clearance, databases, and docket systems
- Experience with handling international portfolios, as well as store, marketplace, and internet enforcement.
- Relevant experience on an in house legal team and experience working directly with product and marketing teams.
- Knowledge of intellectual property rights and clearance, labeling, and consumer protection laws and regulations applicable to commercial marketing, advertising claims, and privacy across regulated industries and marketing channels (online, retail, telephone, and social media, etc.)
- Experience planning independently, organizing, and prioritizing time and deadlines to complete assigned duties.
- Experience within Web3 and technology space is a huge plus!
- Paralegal Certificate or relevant certifications are also a huge plus!
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most enterprising, fun, encouraging, and innovative heads and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the finest things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our relationship through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their greatest work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values.
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will aim to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We drive past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.
Total Compensation Range (Base + Equity): 70k-112k per year
Our compensation package currently breaks down into a base salary and an equity component for all employees. The candidate’s seniority and the evaluations made of that candidate during the interview process determine compensation.