Candy’s mission is to deepen our interaction with experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives we’re passionate about living. We know that relationship because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and momentous collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage with and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a diehard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets, but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement of their digital assets beyond imagination. Come build the future with us!
- Michael Rubin - Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk - CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We are looking for an experienced, commercially-minded Senior Legal Counsel to join Candy’s legal team, a dynamic function assisting all aspects of Candy’s business, from negotiating partnerships to grappling with novel legal issues on the ever-evolving web3 frontier. You will be the Head of Legal’s first hire and will report into and work closely with the Head of Legal to help build Candy’s legal team. As Senior Legal Counsel you will work with internal and external stakeholders across not only Candy’s business, but also the wider Fanatics group of companies. You will be empowered to take initiative and drive ideas/programs, with the opportunity to oversee other lawyers as the team grows. This is an ideal role for an innovative lawyer who wants to shape a legal function and flex their legal muscle across a range of issues while applying themself in a commercial environment, all in a cutting-edge space.
AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL...
- Draft and negotiate a variety of legal agreements, including partnership, technology license, SaaS, vendor and other contracts
- Advise and partner with various teams across the business, including BD, operations, marketing, engineering/product and HR, on legal and commercial issues
- Build processes, playbooks and workflows to streamline legal issues, including in relation to partner IP rights approvals, data privacy, employment, and risk/fraud
- Work closely with stakeholders to ideate and strategize Candy’s new businesses and product offerings to ensure they’re legally compliant
- Provide general corporate support for Candy, including assist with fundraising, equity and structuring
- Become an expert on Candy’s business and monitor the wider legal/regulatory landscape for and proactively advise on relevant developments
- Effectively and efficiently work with external counsel to obtain advice on specialist issues
- Handle any administrative, governmental, pre-litigation or litigation matters
- Develop processes, procedures and trainings to educate Candy’s team and mitigate risk
- Prioritize workload to set goals and meet deadlines in a fluctuating and sometimes ambiguous business environment
WHO ARE YOU?
- Have a JD degree from an accredited ABA law school and be admitted to practice law in the US, preferably in New York or California
- Have 6-10 years’ practicing legal experience, ideally both at a top law firm and in-house; start-up, scale-up or tech experience is a bonus
- Significantly experienced in business law, preferably corporate and M&A, including drafting and negotiating contracts
- Experienced or have an interest in relevant areas such as intellectual property, tech, fintech, blockchain and/or data privacy
- Able to guide and inspire a team, whether formally or informally, and drive initiatives across a matrixed organization
- High-energy self-starter who’s pragmatic and focused on delivering outcomes
- Creative and savvy, and able to navigate complex and challenging situations
- Confident, flexible and calm operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Emotionally intelligent and humble team player who can build relationships across and outside Candy
- Lover of sports, entertainment, culture, blockchain & crypto and/or collectibles!
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most enterprising, fun, encouraging, and innovative heads and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the finest things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our relationship through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their greatest work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values.
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will aim to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We drive past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.
Total Compensation Range (Base + Equity): 200k-300k per year
Our compensation package currently breaks down into a base salary and an equity component for all employees. The candidate’s seniority and the evaluations made of that candidate during the interview process determine compensation.