Candy’s mission is to deepen our interaction with experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We know that relationship because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and momentous collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
- Michael Rubin- Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk- CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur.
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We are looking for an experienced Controller to drive the strategic direction of the accounting function. You will be the VP of Finance’s first hire and will report into and work closely with them to help build Candy’s accounting function. You will be accountable for heading the accounting function, and will be accountable for building robust and scalable financial processes and controls for month-end-close, reporting and operations. You will need to be a hands-on, self-starting and a details-oriented individual. You will be a strong collaborator and people manager and be seen as a trusted and knowledgeable leader devoted to growing a first class accounting team.
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on difficulties in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box but collaborate outside the box.
AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL...
- Develop and elevate the accounting foundation systems and processes that will build a scalable organization and drive business growth efficiently.
- Direct and oversee the company’s accounting function, which includes accounting operations, financial reporting, accounting policies and compliance, revenue operations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and tax preparation.
- Head the month-end-close process and ensure the timely, accurate and meaningful preparation of internal and external financial statements
- Work with external advisors to prepare technical accounting memorandums on significant NFT and Crypto-related accounting positions
- Develop and maintain a well documented system of accounting policies and procedures in compliance with GAAP and NFT/Crypto finest practises
- Head the company through, and maintain all aspects of, it’s first annual financial audit, tax return preparation and other filings as needed
- Work cross functionally with other members of the Finance team, wider organization and key investor groups to deliver scalable solutions to assist the business and reporting requirements
- Oversee relationships with auditors, tax specialists, and other providers.
WHO ARE YOU?
- CPA and/or Masters in Accounting
- Experience in technical accounting and controllership functions. Preferable experience in a hyper growth environment; public company and Big 4 experience a plus
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and must be technically and operationally knowledgeable in GAAP
- Familiarity in US GAAP, including researching accounting topics and documenting accounting rules
- NFT / Crypto accounting experience is a plus, but not required
- Enthusiasm about Accounting, with a devotion to exceed consumer expectations
- Experience with financial audit engagements (as a controller / owner of the engagement)
- Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Ownership mindset with a high degree of accountability
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most enterprising, fun, encouraging, and innovative heads and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the finest things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our relationship through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their greatest work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values.
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will aim to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We drive past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.
Total Compensation Range (Base + Equity): 150k-275k per year
Our compensation package currently breaks down into a base salary and an equity component for all employees. The candidate’s seniority and the evaluations made of that candidate during the interview process determine compensation.