On our team, you’ll help make oral health more affordable and accessible than ever before. We believe a life of candid self-expression is a rich life. And our clear aligner therapy helps people across the country straighten their smiles, grow their confidence, and live as their truest selves.
If you're ready to sharpen your skills, have a huge impact, and help solve healthcare, join us.
We are looking for an Assistant General Counsel to join the Candid™ legal team. We’re building a best-in-class consumer/healthcare brand and are looking for an Assistant General Counsel to support our rapid growth and expansion. This is an unique opportunity for a middle level or senior attorney with expertise in Health Care and Privacy that wishes to have direct impact on a rapidly growing business. You will report directly to our General Counsel in our NYC HQ, and will partner with different teams across the company. We will consider remote candidates.
- You will be responsible for maintaining our policies and advising management on compliance and privacy matters, including HIPAA
- You will participate in meetings with orthodontists in the Company’s network to discuss matters relating the company’s activities as a dental support organization
- You will also monitor proposed legislation that might affect the business of the company and advise management on its implications
- You will support the General Counsel on a broad range of legal issues affecting the company
- You will be a valuable asset of the management team in your areas of expertise
- 5+ years minimum experience as a health care attorney in private practice or in-house.
- Experience working directly with doctors and other clinicians
- Experience working with Dental Support Organizations (DSO) and/or medical devices is a plus
- Substantive knowledge of HIPAA and CCPA
- Substantive knowledge of legal implications related to the corporate practice of medicine doctrine
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Candid’s success
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Work from home stipend
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision) and generous parental leave
- Wellness Perks (KindBody, Classpass, OneMedical etc)
- Commuter benefits if you’re in NY and work from the office when we re-open and Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
Our patients and colleagues come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment and hire great talent that is equally diverse; not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but it makes our company, our products, and our culture that much better. If you share our values and passion, apply and see what we’re all about.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.