Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible to all, and we're using modern software practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
We are looking for a Business Insight Analyst to join the Candid team to join at the ground-floor level as we begin to build out our data team. In this role, you will be responsible for defining the most important metrics in our company, promoting the standardized use of those metrics across our teams, doing complex analysis to drive business outcomes, and continuing to foster our data-driven culture. You will work highly cross-functionally and with the entire leadership team.
We are a data-driven company; in addition to your functional work, you will be the steward of that culture, making sure we continue to let the data guide our strategy within our ambitious vision.
What You'll Do
- Work with the leadership team to define the canonical metrics for the company
- Work embedded in a strategic business team to ensure that high quality analysis is always a component of actionable decision making
- Proactively generate and evaluate growth opportunities to drive pressing business questions using data
- Design and create dashboards for leaders in sales, support, marketing, operations, and product to drive their daily decision making
- Craft complex regressions and analyses to evaluate A/B tests
- Design statistically-sound experiments and be a steward of good experimentation
What You'll Need
- 2 years experience as a Data Analyst/Data Scientist
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Deep ability to present data to business stakeholders
- Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity and drive clarity
- Inquisitive nature and desire to validate data using different sources
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Looker experience
- Statistical background and experiment design (i.e. decision tree, logistic regression, multiple regression, social network analyses, hierarchical regression, random forest, etc.)
- R and Python experience
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.