Cana is a consumer electronics company based in the SF Bay Area. We are a team of scientists, engineers, product managers and designers building products that redefine the future of food and beverage. Our first product will greatly reduce the environmental impact of beverages by changing how the world's most popular drinks are created, distributed and consumed. We are not building an incremental improvement over existing products, but rather completely reimagining how food is made to bring forward a better and more sustainable future.
If you are excited by the idea of working with a passionate team solving big challenges by bringing together the best of hardware, software and chemistry innovation, we want to hear from you!
Cana is committed to creating a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech and hope you apply, even if the role below does not exactly describe you.
About the Role:
Cana is seeking a full-time Lab Technician to join their Formulation Chemistry Science team. You will be able to utilize your experience to manage the day-to-day technical laboratory support of formulation process, engineering, and performance/laboratory testing. Your attention-to-detail, wet lab experience, and sense of urgency will be a great impact to the team and company goals.
Key responsibilities for this position but are not limited to:
- Working routinely on tasks of broadly outlined assignments involving a wide range of chemistries and flavors for beverages.
- Perform wet chemical preparation, execute blend experiments and perform chemical analysis on these samples.
- Perform thermal tests, benchtop analytical characterization by techniques such as pH, conductivity, density, viscosity, FTIR to understand structure / performance properties.
- Document technical research, data record, entry in written reports and presentations. • Maintain a high degree of independence, responsibility and reliability in planning, execution and reporting laboratory tools and experiments.
- Work collaboratively other research scientists/chemists/engineers.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Minimum BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Food Science
- 0-1 years of prior research lab experience is preferred
Diversity at Cana:
- Cana is committed to building an inclusive workplace and diverse teams. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission.
The position would be on-site at Cana in Emeryville, CA office.
Cana offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k)
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is based in our Emeryville, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time.