CANA LAB TECHNICIAN
Cana is a team of scientists, engineers, and designers, building products to redefine the future of beverages. We aim to inspire a more thoughtful approach to everyday consumption by redesigning how the world’s most popular beverages are created and delivered. If you want to join a passionate team, working on challenging but highly-impactful problems for our planet, we would love to hear from you.
Cana aims to create a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in science and technology and hope you will apply.
About the Role:
Cana is looking for a Laboratory Technician to support our Cana Science platform. As a member of the laboratory team, you will be supporting essential laboratory functions both within the Cana Science team and cross-functionally across the organization. The ideal candidate will have some experience in working in a chemical laboratory and be passionate about organization, cleanliness, and adhering to protocols, leading to the production of reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference. Strong attention to detail, and excellent organizational and communication skills are key to success in this role.
- Management of chemical laboratory inventory and receiving
- Responsible for general laboratory maintenance and housekeeping and assisting in ordering laboratory supplies
- Adherence to safety guidelines, equipment procedures and chemical handling guidelines
- Proper disposal and handling of chemicals, including proper PPE
- Preparation of buffers, reagents, and solutions
- Filling out lab templates and reports
- Data entry into Excel spreadsheets
- Handling chemicals
- Pipette usage
- Effectively identify and communicate any complications that arise, supporting scientists and engineers to identify and solve problems
- High school diploma and 1+ year of previous laboratory experience OR at least 1 year of college in chemistry, biology or a related major with 1+ relevant lab course
- Course work in basic chemistry is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize work
- Ability to think critically and solve problems, and demonstrate the initiative to resolve issues as they arise
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills and competence with data base systems (MS office, Google sheets etc.)
- Strong focus on safety
Recommended skills and experiences:
- Experience using ELN
- Familiarity with basic laboratory automation
- Experience with web applications such as Wrike, Jira, and Confluence
- Ability to lift/move items up to 35lbs
- Ability to stand/sit for extended periods of time
Cana offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k)
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is based in our Emeryville, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time.