Founded by a talented team of mission-driven product leaders from companies like Apple, Uber and Clover, Cana is a stealth consumer electronics startup redefining the future of beverages. Our first product will greatly reduce the environmental impact of beverage production and distribution by reimagining how the world’s most popular beverages are created and consumed.
If you want to join a passionate team working on challenging and highly impactful solutions for our planet at the intersection of hardware, software and groundbreaking chemistry, we want to hear from you!
Cana aims to create a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech and hope you apply, even if the role below does not exactly fit you.
About the role:
As an Electrical Engineer at Cana, you will work with a small and focused cross-functional team as the owner of all aspects of hardware development across the lifetime of a Cana product. You will drive electrical design, prototyping, manufacturing, scaling, quality control and vendor management. You will be responsible for and have key input on:
- Designing PCA/PCBs
- Managing and performing functional subsystem and system-level testing
- Design for functionality, reliability, testability and manufacturability
- Working with Product teams and Technicians
- Communicating with vendors and CMs
- 3-5 years of experience, consumer electronics and electromechanical components experience a plus
- Strong understanding and proficiency with CAD software, preferably Altium Designer
- Experience with DC/DC switching regulators, I2C/SPI, USB and Ethernet comm interfaces, microcontroller implementation, audio, sensors and electromechanical devices (e.g. motors and solenoids)
- Familiarity with typical lab equipment: oscilloscopes, DMMs, power supplies, waveform generators, soldering iron, microscope
- Knowledge - You demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems from first principles and can show others how to do it
- Entrepreneurship - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t wait for other people to tell you what the problems are; you already have multiple solutions in mind
- Team player - You know how to make those around you better and feed off their energy. You take care of your teammates
- You have a BS or MS in electrical engineering or a related field
Diversity at Cana:
- Cana is committed to building an inclusive workplace and diverse teams. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission.