Cana is a team of scientists, engineers and designers, building products to redefine the future of food. We hope to inspire a more thoughtful approach to everyday consumption by redesigning how the world’s most popular beverages are created and delivered. If you want to join a passionate team, working on challenging but highly-impactful problems for our planet, we would love to hear from you.
Cana aims to create a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech and hope you apply, even if one of roles below does not exactly fit you.
About the Role:
Cana is looking for a Senior Hardware Test Engineer to lead test and verification efforts for a consumer beverage system. You should be knowledgeable about test and measurement methodology, equipment and procedures for verifying electromechanical devices. You are able to produce design and production test plans for a consumer device which verify the top level product specifications, as well as the lower level engineering mechanical and electrical specifications against requirements. You are also able to specify and build test fixturing to execute your test plans, and manage supplier relationships to ensure subcomponent quality in the system.
- Analyze designs and develop test plans, documentation and fixturing for electro-mechanical systems incorporating valves, pumps, pneumatic and fluid management systems as well as electrical actuation, PCBAs and user interface devices
- Create and execute test plans, triage, and analyze results with design teams
- Review mechanical drawings and electrical schematics and provide feedback for test development
- Design, build, and validate electro-mechanical fixtures for engineering tests
- Automate testing through script and framework development
- Select and integrate lab equipment and fixtures into test bed assemblies
- 5+ years of experience in validation-test experience on hardware designs
- Electrical fundamentals, and interpreting CAD files (circuit schematic, PCB layout)
- Fluency in Python, LabVIEW, or similar; comfort developing test code from the ground up
- Experience in applying statistical data analysis to achieve test results
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
Ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Consumer or commercial hardware product electrical testing through full product development cycle
- Use of common OTS test equipment, e.g. programmable power supplies, DAQ modules, etc.
- Schematic capture and layout of custom data acquisition hardware on a PCBA
- Writing and deployment of software test code
- Managing and analyzing large datasets
- Presentation of data in a consumable, understandable manner
- Navigating or creating Mechanical design projects
Diversity at Cana
Cana is committed to building an inclusive workplace and diverse teams. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission.