Cana is a consumer electronics company based in the SF Bay Area. We are a team of scientists, engineers, product managers and designers, building products to redefine the future of food. Our first product will greatly reduce the environmental impact of traditional beverage production and distribution by reimagining how the world’s most popular beverages are created and consumed.
If you want to join a passionate team working on challenging and highly impactful solutions for our planet at the intersection of hardware, software and groundbreaking chemistry, we want to hear from you!
Cana aims to create a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech.
About the role:
As the first iOS Software Engineer at Cana, you will be responsible for developing mobile applications that integrate with our hardware products. You will work closely with the Product, Engineering and UX teams that are involved with the definition & architecture of our software platforms & processes.
We are looking for an iOS developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. Your primary focus will be development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential. You will be a critical voice in contributing to roadmap and product feature discussions, and most importantly, you will be a key contributor to the culture & growth of Cana’s software engineering team.
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Manage seamless releases of the app in the app store
- Proficient with Objective-C or Swift
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with graphQL / RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Understanding the app release process for app store
- Having worked with services deployed cloud environments (AWS, GC, Azure)
- Experience building apps for IoT products is plus (provisioning, MQTT)
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is good to have. (integration with wifi and bluetooth libraries)
- 3+ years Mobile Development experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant industry experience
Diversity at Cana:
- Cana is committed to building an inclusive workplace and diverse teams. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission.