Cana is a stealth consumer electronics company based in the SF Bay Area. We are a team of scientists, engineers, product managers and designers, building products to redefine the future of beverages. Our first product will greatly reduce the environmental impact of traditional beverage production and distribution by reimagining how the world’s most popular beverages are created and consumed.
Our engineering team is working on a number of new technologies that will challenge even the most seasoned engineer. Its super-fun, highly cross functional and collaborative work.
If you want to join a passionate team working on challenging and highly impactful solutions for our planet at the intersection of hardware, software and groundbreaking chemistry, we want to hear from you!
Cana aims to create a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech and hope you apply, even if the role below does not exactly fit you.
About the Role:
Cana Technology's Engineering Program Management Team is looking for a resourceful, energetic Engineering Project Specialist (EPS) to manage complex material requirements, documentation, component and configuration management activities. You will create and manage BOM configuration, release Eng Change Orders (ECOs), and be responsible for material and component readiness to support Eng development builds. Does this sound like you?
- Manage component readiness for builds and supplier communication to ensure upstream and downstream material and logistics readiness, on time delivery, and facilitate issue resolution during product development phases
- Partner with other engineering program managers, external vendors, mechanical and electrical engineering teams to create and handle development budgets and purchase to pay activities
- Work closely with engineering design teams to create, structure and release BOMs, including part numbers, engineering change orders, and related technical drawings and documents
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- Manage and coordinate part management and structuring using Arena, Agile, Propel or any PLM solution
- Track and manage prototype and build in house inventory of parts, assemblies and products
- Manage Vendors to understand material status for builds, work with vendors to optimize logistics and troubleshoot any issues with production and delivery
- Configuration management and Bill of Material (BOM) experience
- Experience with PLM Tools (Arena, Agile or equivalent)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and learning new software applications to promote efficiency and productivity
- Effective reciprocal communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strategic critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with focus on multitasking and prioritization
- Minimum 2-5+ years of supply chain management experience related to build planning, material clear to build, supplier management, logistics, budgeting and procurement
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or Science discipline preferred, but not required
- Minimum 2-5 years leading projects in a consumer electronics, medical device, biomedical or high technology industry
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communications with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and the ability to hold others accountable