Cana is a stealth consumer electronics company based in the SF Bay Area. We are a team of scientists, engineers, product managers and designers, building products to redefine the future of beverages. Our first product will greatly reduce the environmental impact of traditional beverage production and distribution by reimagining how the world’s most popular beverages are created and consumed.
Our engineering team is working on a number of new technologies that will challenge even the most seasoned engineer. Its super-fun, highly cross functional and collaborative work.
If you want to join a passionate team working on challenging and highly impactful solutions for our planet at the intersection of hardware, software and groundbreaking chemistry, we want to hear from you!
Cana aims to create a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech and hope you apply, even if the role below does not exactly fit you
About the Role:
Cana is looking for a leader to own the electrical system development of our first consumer device, from the concept and prototype we have now through production. This will include building and managing the team of electrical engineers responsible for designing and testing the consumer system from prototype through production.
This is a unique opportunity to define a new category and build excellent product experiences with a variety of advanced technologies. As a key member of the engineering technical staff and the Manager and Lead for the Electrical Engineering team, this high-visibility position will be instrumental in taking our product from concept, prototyping, test and iteration, through to volume production. As an Electrical Engineering Manager, you will combine system-level experience with organizational development and design skills to create an awesome product and team.
- Lead, mentor, and help build out the EE team at Cana
- Lead EE design efforts, reviews and processes
- Act as an in-depth subsystem expert for product development in one or more areas that may include electro-mechanical actuation systems, sensors, RF, heterogeneous SoC, high speed interfaces, DC power systems
- Lead and build an test engineering team integrated and in parallel with the design team
- Collaborate with firmware, software and mechanical engineers on cross-functional system integration
- Key member of the technical staff working closely with the product, science and cross functional engineering team on product definition and execution
- 10+ years of experience in circuit design, at least 1 full design cycle from concept to production in a technical lead role
- Experience leading the electrical engineering on at least one complex product, ideally in the consumer electronics or beverage industry. We will consider people without direct management experience for this role, but the technical lead experience is mandatory
- In depth Digital and analog circuit design including filters, opamps, power systems, and/or sensors
- Experienced with an EE CAD software package such as Altium or equivalent, schematic and layout
- Spice or other circuit simulation usage
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Ideally, you will have experience in:
- Building and Managing a team of electrical design and test engineers
- Multiple EE product design cycles, low and high volume production programs
- Experience developing and implementing internal design processes
- Contract manufacturer engagements, NPI support
- Electro-mechanical designs involving fluids, pneumatics, magnetics
- High speed circuit design and layout
- IEC or UL regulatory design compliance
- EMC hands-on test
- Python test script development
- Embedded systems programming in C
- Contributing and managing internal budgets, schedules, organizational plans
Diversity at Cana:
- Cana is committed to building an inclusive workplace and diverse teams. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission.