Cana is a stealth mode startup changing the world through products that inspire a more thoughtful approach to everyday consumption.
About the role:
As the first Cloud Software Engineer at Cana, you will be responsible for developing cloud services, backend architecture and API’s that integrate with our hardware products, mobile apps and web portals. You will work closely with the Embedded Software team to write code that directly interfaces with, queries and controls our devices, both through mobile apps and through the cloud. You will design the databases for managing configurations and storing analytics data. You will be a critical member contributing to roadmap and product feature discussions, and most importantly, you will be a key contributor to the culture & growth of Cana’s software engineering team.
- Experience with (or strong interest in) architecting cloud software that interfaces with a hardware product
- Extensive knowledge and experience building services that manage and monitor devices
- Experience working on cloud platforms (AWS preferred, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience working with cloud IoT platforms is a plus (AWS IoT preferred).
- Deep understanding of SOA, software security architecture, REST APIs, and other architectural patterns
- Deep understanding of databases, web technologies, principles and trends, and a passion for designing services with the end user in mind
- Experience with both SQL and noSQL databases
- Experience with graph databases (Neo4J, Neptune) is a plus
- Experience building and deploying microservices in the cloud
- Demonstrated experience in taking non-technical requirements and translating them into executable user stories and workflows for software teams
- Extensive experience designing and implementing software quality patterns and practices (continuous integration, static analysis, unit testing, integrated testing)
- Proficiency with source control management repositories (GitHub)
- Demonstrated success working in fast-paced team environments and delivering high-quality software products using established Agile development methodologies (such as Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 4 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 2 years experience; or equivalent life experience. This is a guideline and not a fixed requirement.