You’ve designed world-class experiences before and are likely ready for new challenges. How about turning your talents towards designing experiences that positively impact the world?
Cana is a stealth consumer electronics company based in the SF Bay Area. We are a team of scientists, engineers, product managers and designers, building products to redefine the future of food. Our first product will greatly reduce the environmental impact of traditional beverage production and distribution by reimagining how the world’s most popular beverages are created and consumed.
If you want to join a passionate team working on challenging and highly impactful solutions for our planet at the intersection of hardware, software and groundbreaking chemistry, we want to hear from you!
Cana aims to create a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech and hope you apply, even if the role below does not exactly fit you.
About the Role:
As Cana’s Lead UX Designer, you will own the user experience and look & feel across all software touch-points, designing world-class solutions for our embedded software platform, mobile apps, and website.
The perfect candidate will not only have a heart for magical user experiences, but also the environment. You are excited about new category creation and driven by a deep desire to simplify the complex and make the cumbersome elegant.
At Cana, we believe in a more collaborative way of working—no more specing a design, tossing it over the fence, and hoping it gets implemented correctly. We expect everyone to roll up their sleeves, dig into the details, and thrive within ambiguity. We’re building a category-defining experience that stands to make a huge, positive environmental impact. That takes vision, empathy, and a whole lot of teamwork.
- Create rich and rhythmic user interactions as well as beautiful visual designs
- Manage and grow a stellar design team
- Imbue soul into all product touch-points, ensuring that we maintain our unique identity across mobile apps, hardware UI, and web
- Collaborate closely with product management, engineering, and external stakeholders to define product requirements and inform product roadmaps
- Develop sketches, wireframes, taxonomies, visual designs, and interactive prototypes
- Rapidly design, test, and iterate on early concepts to help inform decision making
- Promote a design-focused way of thinking throughout the Product & Engineering organizations
- Bring your taste to the table, helping to guide the business through many product trade-off decisions
- 6+ years of experience in UX or product design
- Experience working with both consumer software & hardware devices
- Experience designing interactions and interfaces for hardware / connected devices
- Experience with Sketch or Figma
Diversity at Cana:
- Cana is committed to building an inclusive workplace and diverse teams. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission.